How It Works
Your application will include three pieces:
An Executive Summary (2 pages max)
Your Pitch Deck
Your Pitch Video (10 minutes max)
Be sure to read our Tips & Tricks below as you prepare your materials. When you’re ready, apply! You’ll fill out an entry form and upload your materials there, too.
Remember, to be eligible you must be currently enrolled at an Indiana college or university, with a startup based in Indiana, and currently earning less than $250,000 in annual recurring revenue.
TIPS & TRICKS
Your Executive Summary should be no longer than 2 pages. An Executive Summary provides a brief overview of your startup. It should include:
- Market Size
- Business Model/Revenue Model
- Future Milestones
Your slide deck should, at minimum, address the following:
- Title (Your startup’s name)
- Customers (Show a clear understanding of who your customers are)
- The Problem (What problem, need, or pain point have you discovered?)
- Solution (Your product or service)
- Revenue Model/Business Model (How you make money)
- Go to Market Strategy (How you will find first customers and gain market traction)
- Key Next Steps (Your plans and/or your needs)
Your pre-recorded pitch can be no longer than 10 minutes in length. We recommend that you use the Zoom platform, so that your video shows you talking and your pitch deck simultaneously. The free version has the record feature. You may want to have someone assist you with pressing the buttons so that you can focus on your presentation.
Setting counts. Tidy up your background, or consider a realistic and professional Zoom virtual background.
Judges want to see you. Make sure your light source is in front of you and not behind you. Stack your computer on books if needed to get a camera angle that is at eye level.
Practice. Practice. Practice.
And remember, since this is a pre-recorded pitch, you can record yourself more than once until you get something you’re happy with!